The Throat Chakra is home of communication, self-expression and creative. A balanced throat chakra will assist you speak, listen with ease and boost your confidence.
What is the Throat Chakra?
Throat Chakra or Visuddha Chakra, is the 5th Chakra in the 7 chakras system, located at the throat level, the color is blue and the element is ether. It is responsible for communicating, self-expression and creatively.
Physically, it governs shoulders, neck, throat, ears, and mouth, and thyroid gland. Thyroid gland secretes hormones that control your metabolism – a chemical process in your body converts food into useful energy and regulates the body’s temperature, so a sluggish thyroid will make you have cold hands and feet, constipation, fatigue, stomach bloating, low heart rate.
If your throat chakra is balance, you will
- communication with others much easier
- improve the capacity to listen to others and truly hear them as well
- enhance your self-confidence
- speak, listen, express yourself openly and sincerely
- maintain healthy throat, mouth, neck, ear and thyroid gland
- be full of creative energy
|Throat Chakra Information||Throat Chakra details|
|Meaning of Throat Chakra||Visuddha= (purification)|
|Throat Chakra Location||at the throat level|
|Throat Chakra Color||blue|
|Throat chakra symbol||16 petalled lotus|
Throat Chakra Imbalance
Some common reasons for the throat chakra blockage are unresolved conflicts, trauma, chronic behavioral patterns. The throat chakra out of balance can manifest on a physical and emotional level. The key of healing throat chakra is to listen to your mind and body and you can work towards healing.
Overactive Throat Chakra:
- negative talks, bickering, and gossiping
- poor listening skills and inability to keep secrets
Underactive Throat Chakra:
- speaking too much or inappropriately
- not being able to listen to others
- telling lies
- excessive secretiveness or shyness
- inability to express thoughts
- fear of speaking
- social anxiety
Common physical signs of throat chakra imbalance involve the throat, mouth, neck, ear, head, thyroid gland. Amongst other symptoms, the most occurring ones are:
- sore throat
- neck stiffness, neck pain
- dental issues
- mouth ulcers
- thyroid problems
Throat Chakra Healing
When you feel like you just can’t speak up for yourself, or you have problems with communication at home or at work, your throat chakra may be calling you for help. Use food, crystals/gemstones, meditation, yoga poses, and chanting to bring about clarity and balance your throat chakra!
Throat Chakra Healing Food
- Blue food. There aren’t many foods in nature that are blue in color – but be sure to include blackberries blueberries. They are calming to the throat and nurturing to the thyroid gland.
- Seaweeds such as wakame, kelp or kombu, contain iodine to assist thyroid function and soothe the throat.
- Food good for throat such as coconut water, herbal tea, lemon, raw honey
Throat Chakra Healing Crystals/Stones
Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine, Amazonite, Turquoise are one of the best crystals for throat chakra.
This “stone of truth” is a perfect stone to assist you to communicate more sincerely.
- boost self-expression
- encourage creativity
- enhance your confidence
This seawater stone helps to speak the truth and is a good stone to heal your imbalanced throat chakra.
- treat sore throats, thyroid problems
- promote self-expression
This stone named after the Amazon river gives you the powerful energy of the river to assist your self-reflection.
- enhance communication
- strengthen confidence
- can heal the throat, thyroid area
This semi-precious stone is an ideal stone for your misaligned fifth chakra.
- assist healing illness of the neck, ears, nose, throat
- help you to speak the truth
- heal past life trauma, karmic
- boosting your confidence in communication
Throat Chakra Healing Essential Oils
You can dilute a few drops of oil in the diffuser and draw in the amazing scents and realign the third chakra.
Some popular essential oils for healing navel chakra are spearmint, geranium, clary sage, chamomile.
The sweet, minty fragrance help you
- treat the headache and stress tension
- boost your confidence
A cousin of the rose bush, geranium has a musky, sweet odor and is a popular fragrance in many products. It’s wonderful for the skin, and forms a bridge between the sharper throat chakra oils and the subtle ones. Geranium can help you stay calm and centered, and allow you to speak from the heart. Stability, balance, and compassion form the central effects of this oil on the 5th chakra.
boosts self-esteem and has natural anti-depressant qualities. It helps to balance hormones regulated by the thyroid associated with the fifth chakra.
One of the most versatile and soothing oils, chamomile (both Roman and German varieties) is great to release tension and fear around the 5th chakra. It’s warm and sedating, as well as a powerful anti-inflammatory, making it ideal for both activating speech and reducing anger in your words. Chamomile can help lower your irritability, so you can make yourself heard in a respectful way.
Throat Chakra Healing Chant/Mantra/Sound
The seed mantra of the base chakra is “HAM”. The sound when chanted echoes and reaches directly to the center of the throat chakra and activates it right away. You can simply sit in a quiet place, visualise the colour blue in the region of the fifth chakra, and chant “HAM MMMM” a few times.
Throat Chakra Healing Yoga Pose
Few yoga poses will bring energy to the throat area, stimulate the thyroid gland, clear blockages in the fifth chakra . Poses such as lion pose, plow pose, legs up the wall will help to heal the imbalance of your throat chakra.
- Lion Pose – Simhasana. This posture is a great way to enhance your misaligned throat chakra
- strengthen face, chest, neck
- help with throat problems, voice-related issues
- improve the thyroid gland
- Plow Pose – Halasana. This pose is great for aiding any ailment due to throat chakra imbalance
- activate the thyroid gland
- stretch the shoulder
- open the back of the neck
- Legs up the Wall – Viparita Karani.
- stimulate thyroid gland
- boost the blood circulation
Throat Chakra Healing Affirmation
- I speak my truth.
- I listen to the truth.
- I am open and honest with my communication
- I am at peace.
Throat Chakra is center of communicating, self-expression and creative, keeping the throat chakra balance will help you communication with ease, speak, listen, express yourself openly and sincerely and full energy of creatively.