The Third Eye Chakra is home of insight, awareness, imagination and intuition. A balanced third eye chakra will assist you see things clearly, strong intuition and ability to self-reflect.
Table of Content
- What is the Third Eye Chakra?
- Third Eye Chakra Imbalance
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Third Eye Chakra
What is the Third Eye Chakra?
Third eye chakra or Ajna Chakra or the brow chakra, is the 6th chakra in the 7 chakras system, located between the two eyebrows, the color is either indigo/deep blue or purple, and the element is light. It is responsible for intuition, insight, imagination, awareness, and concentration.
If the brow chakra is purple, the crown chakra is white; if the brow chakra is indigo , the crown chakra is purple.
Physically, it is connected to the eyes, nose, ears, brain, nervous system and controls the pituitary gland, pineal gland and the skeletal system. Pituitary gland is the master gland that produces hormones to control the growth and development of the body. The pineal gland controls your sleeping and waking patterns.
If your third eye chakra is balanced:
- assist you to think more clearly
- create a deeper spiritual awareness
- you have a strong intuition
- have a better and deeper sleep
- creative imagination
- ability to self-reflect
|Third Eye Chakra Information||Third Eye Chakra details|
|Meaning of Third Eye Chakra||Ajna = (perceiving)|
|Third Eye Chakra Location||it is located between the two eyebrows|
|Third Eye Chakra Color||Indigo, deep blue, and sometimes violet|
|Third Eye chakra symbol||2 petalled violet lotus|
Third Eye Chakra Imbalance
Overactive Third Eye Chakra
- have extreme mood swings
- struggle to see the bigger picture
- tend to live in fantasy worlds
- out of touch with reality
- lack of good judgement
Underactive Third Eye Chakra
- lack of faith in your purpose
- unable to self-reflect
- poor focus and intuition
- rigid in thinking and stubborn belief systems, can become rigid in our beliefs and closed off to to new ideas and knowledge
- an restrict us in life, leading us to become fearful of the new and unknown and struggle to seek reason in their lives
Common physical signs of Brow chakra imbalance involve the brain. Amongst other symptoms, the most occurring ones are:
- vision problems
- headaches or migraines,
- insomnia or sleep disorders,
Third Eye Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Third Eye Chakra
The third eye chakra’s element is light. Sitting outside with your third eye facing the sunlight for short periods of time can help to boost your brow chakra.
The color of the sixth chakra is indigo, deep blue, and sometimes violet which is the key to chakra balancing. Start by wearing these colored clothes more often.
There are several techniques to work on balancing and opening brow chakra varying from food, crystals/gemstones, meditation, yoga poses, and chanting.
Third Eye Chakra Healing Food
- Purple fruits and vegetables can be very useful as the color for the sixth chakra is indigo, deep blue. Grapes, blueberries, blackberries, purple cabbage, eggplant, purple kale, and purple sweet potatoes can nourish your third eye chakra.
- Omega 3 foods can boost your brain such as fish or seeds like salmon, sardines, walnuts, chia seeds.
Third Eye Chakra Healing Crystals/Stones
Purple-blue amethyst is an ideal stone to balance your brow chakra
- help to remember your dreams
- enhance your intuition
- strengthen inner spirit
Indigo or blue kyanite is the perfect crystal to heal the third chakra
- heal the brain issues like head trauma, stroke
- gain insight into tough situation
The deep blue stone is very helpful to soothe the sixth chakra
- support to think clearly and logically
- remove mental confusion
is a to total awareness gemstone, will open your third eye chakra slowly
- broader your way of thinking
- aid mental disorder and release stress
- Help you to concentrate on spiritual awakening
Third Eye Chakra Healing Essential Oils
Some popular essential oils for healing third eye chakra are rosemary, vanilla,lemon.
Strong, herbal fragrance is a good choice for treating mind-related problems
- ease the headache
- help you to focus
- bring mental clarity and sharpness
- help clear out negative emotions and paranoia
Floral, fruity, sweet scent
- stimulates circulation in the brain, pineal and pituitary glands
- bridges the right and left brain hemispheres to bring a more balanced perspective and clear seeing
- maintain concentration
Fresh and fruity scent is a great way to treat chakra imbalance
- treat headache
- help to focus
- address anxiety
- soothing tension headaches
Third Eye Chakra Healing Chant/Mantra/Sound
The seed mantra of the base chakra is “AUM”. The sound when chanted echoes and reaches directly to the center of the brow chakra and activates it right away. You can simply sit in a quiet place, visualise the colour indigo or deep blue in the region of the fifth chakra, and chant “AUM MMMM” a few times.
Third Eye Chakra Healing Yoga Pose
Yoga poses will bring energy to your third eye area, stimulate the third eye, clear blockages in the brow chakra . Poses such as child pose, dolphin pose, standing forward bend, head-to-knee pose will help to heal the imbalance of your sixth chakra.
- Child’s pose – balasana. Rest your forehead on the floor, bring awareness to your third eye, gently massage the pituitary gland by turning the head to the side slightly. This movement helps to boost the flow of the blood in your brain and enhance balance in the brow chakra
- Dolphin pose – Makarasana. Dolphin pose will boost your balance
- enhance circulation to the brain.
- soothing hearing problems, eyesight issues and headache
- strengthen the back, shoulder and arms
- Standing Forward Bend – Uttanasana.
- touching the third eye, awakens the energy
- feeling of relaxation, works deeply on the spine
- the flow of blood is directed towards the third eye chakra
- Head-to-Knee Pose – Janusirsasana.
- tapping of the eyebrow centre, activating the third eye
- Stimulate spine and hamstring
Third Eye Chakra Healing Affirmation
- I See Clearly
- I Am Insightful
- I Trust My Intuition
- I Am Inspired
- I Honor My Intuition
- I Am Imaginative
Third Eye Chakra is our intuition, insight, imagination, awareness, and concentration, keeping the third eye chakra balance will help you see thing clearly and have ability to self-reflect.
Interested in more other Chakras beside Third Eye Chakra? Go to Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chaka, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, and Crown Chakra for more information!