Solar Plexus Chakra is the home of the ego, personal power, energy transformation, and self-esteem. A balanced solar plexus chakra will assist you to have a balanced ego, high self-worth, and enhance your confidence.
Table of Content
- What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
- Solar Plexus Chakra Imbalance
- Solar Plexus Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Solar Plexus Chakra
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura Chakra, is the 3rd Chakra in the 7 chakras system, located above your navel and below your sternum, the color is yellow and the element is Fire. The Manipura chakra is the home of our personal power, ego, self-esteem, willpower, energy transformation, and life purpose.
Physically, the 3rd Chakra is associated with the central metabolic system, digestive system including stomach and intestines, nervous system, liver and pancreas. It controls our digestive system, the ability to digest food properly. The pancreas produces insulin which is a chemical substance that controls the amount of sugar in the blood.
If your solar plexus chakra is balanced, you will
- have high self-worth but are also humble and modest.
- connect to your intuition, gut instinct, and be able to trust in the energy that you perceive.
- have a healthy sense of self and a balanced ego
- feel confident
- feel playful and enjoy life
- be a spontaneous person
|Solar Plexus Chakra Information||Solar Plexus Chakra details|
|Meaning of Solar Plexus Chakra||Manipura = (lustrous gem)|
|Solar Plexus Chakra Location||above your navel and below your sternum|
|Solar Plexus Chakra Color||Yellow|
|Solar Plexus chakra symbol||10 petalled yellow lotus|
Solar Plexus Chakra Imbalance
Overactive Solar Plexus Chakra
- you are aggressive
- you are overly critical of oneself or others
- you feel fear of rejection or criticism
- you are overly controlling, bullying, domineering
Underactive Solar Plexus Chakra
- you may lack self-confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem
- you have a weak will
- you have trouble making decisions can become very indecisive, fearing to make any decisions or commitments to anyone or anything
- you are lacking self-control
- you may feel lethargic, lack of energy, nervous, or withdrawn
- you may fear of taking risks, confronting people or issues, taking charge, and a lack of energy
- you are apathetic, lack self-discipline and be unreliable.
Common physical signs of Solar Plexus chakra imbalance involve the digestive system. Amongst other symptoms, the most occurring ones are:
- eating disorders
- digestive system problems: gas, nausea, ulcers, constipation, diabetes or stomach upset
- fatigue and lazy
- your body temperature is usually very cold OR very hot
- asthma or other respiratory ailments
- nervous exhaustion
- infection in the liver or kidneys
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Solar Plexus Chakra
The fire energy of the 3rd chakra works well to heat and sunlight, so spending some time in the sun, doing yoga, focusing on the fire in your belly, will help to heal the solar plexus Chakra.
The color of the solar plexus chakra is yellow which is the key to chakra balancing. Start by wearing yellow-colored clothes more often.
There are several techniques to work on balancing and opening solar plexus chakra varying from food, crystals/gemstones, meditation, yoga poses, and chanting.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Foods
- Yellow fruits and vegetables such as yellow pepper, corn, squash, lemon, banana, pineapple
- Spices: turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon are all perfect for nourishing the 3rd chakra.
- Drink chamomile tea: it is highly recommended for consumption to treat blocked solar plexus and to treat unstable stomach
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Crystals/Stones
This healing stone is s one of the best healing crystals and stones for any digestion issue and ideal for opening the solar plexus chakra
- can ease stomach pain, ulcers,
- stimulate digestion
- can heal pancreas, constipation
Jasper can be one of your choices to balance your 3rd chakra
- stimulates creativity,
- energizes the endocrine system
- sharpens your intuition.
- can help reduce stress, which is the main cause of digestive system pain.
- assist you with more focus, organization abilities, and motivation.
This golden yellow stone can boost the solar plexus chakra
- help to assist sluggish digestion
- encourage truth and forgiveness
- strengthen the nerves and stimulate metabolism.
This rich golden stone can calm and stimulate the third chakra.
- increase the feeling of self-worth, good for confidence
- brings joy and peace
- help you to have a clear and focused mind.
- relieving stress and anxiety
- maintain healthy kidneys, intestines
- eliminating harmful toxins in the digestive system.
- boosts the immune and nervous systems
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Essential Oils
You can put a few drops into bath water or get a diffuser and draw in the amazing scents and benefits of the third chakra oils.
Some popular essential oils for healing the 3rd chakra are ginger, black pepper, juniper.
This strong, warm and spicy oil can heal your third chakra
- ease digestive upset
- boost circulation
- relieve nausea
This spicy fragrance can stimulate your 3rd chakra
- stimulate the digestive organ, ease the discomfort of constipation, diarrhea and gas
- increase sweating and urination, remove toxin from your body
- Cure stomach issues, remove gas
- help to treat kidney stones, inflammation, urinary tract infections
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Chant/Mantra/Sound
The seed mantra of the base chakra is “RAM”. The sound when chanted echoes and reaches directly to the center of the third chakra and activates it right away. You can simply sit in a quiet place, visualize the color yellow in the region of the 3rd chakra, and chant “RAM MMMM” a few times.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing by Yoga Poses
Yoga with poses that stretch your abdomen will help you to let go of physical tension, release emotional blockages, stimulating and balancing your 3rd chakra. Some of the yoga poses such as Boat Pose, Bow Pose, Half lord of the fish pose will help to heal the imbalance of your 3rd chakra.
- Boat Pose – Navasana. This pose activates the third chakra
- stimulating the digestive system
- balances the whole body
- creates self confidence
- enhances the sense of personal power
- Bow Pose – Dhanurasana. This pose empowers the 3rd chakra.
- helps to relieve constipation
- strengthens the abdomen
- stimulates the digestive system
- relieve fatigue, stress, and anxiety
- Half lord of the fishes pose – Ardha Matsyendrasana.
- stimulate digestion and metabolism.
- activate kidneys and liver
- energizes the body, and calms the mind and nervous system
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Affirmations
To open the sacral chakra, repeat affirmations that involve personal power, ego, self-esteem, willpower. Here are some examples:
- I am strong. I am powerful. I am confident
- I am worthy of success/ happiness/ love…
- I believe and trust in myself. I can do it
Solar Plexus Chakra is home of our personal power, ego, self-esteem, willpower, energy transformation, and life purpose, keeping it balance, you will gain confident, have high self-worth and a balanced ego.