Sacral Chakra is the home of sexual energy, creativity, and pleasure. A balanced sacral chakra will assist you to enjoy the pleasure of life and able to “go with the flow”.
Table of Content
What is Sacral Chakra?
Sacral Chakra or the sex chakra, is the 2nd chakra in the 7 chakras system, is located below the navel, at the center of your lower belly; the color is Orange and the element is Water, and is known for the center of sexual energy, pleasure, creativity, intimacy, and connection.
The sacral chakra is associated with water. Water is flowing, purifying, and adaptive to changing environments.The sacral chakra can act in the same way, allowing you to let go, to move, and to feel the change and control the flow of information from the body to the mind and from the mind to the body.
Physically, the 3rd Chakra is associated with the kidneys and reproductive organs: ovaries, testes, and uterus. The ovaries responsible for sexual development and producing eggs as well as controlling the levels of progesterone and oestrogen.
If your sacral chakra is balanced, you will
- be able to go with the flow
- manage the change effectively,
- appropriately express your emotions,
- lock into the power of your sexual energy
- enjoy pleasures of life and create freely.
- be sensitive, intuitive, idealistic
|Sacral Chakra Information||Sacral Chakra details|
|Meaning of Sacral Chakra||Svadhisthana|
|Sacral Chakra Location||is located below the navel, at the center of your lower belly.|
|Sacral Chakra Color||Orange|
|Sacral chakra symbol||6 petalled orange lotus|
Sacral Chakra Imbalance
Overactive Sacral Chakra
- extreme mood swings, depression
- behave cold and distant towards others
- struggle to deal with life changes
- be overly needy and dependent
- feel overwhelmed
- hyper sensitive and over-emotional
- tend to experience sexual problems
Underactive sacral chakra
- denying yourself of pleasure
- feeling a lack of creativity and passion
- comparing yourself to others
- feeling unemotional
- Low libido
Common physical signs of Sacral chakra imbalance involve the kidneys and reproductive organs. Amongst other symptoms, the most occurring ones are:
- urinary issues
- kidney and bladder problems
- gynecological problems
- lower back pain.
- sexual dysfunction
- menstrual cramps
- lower-back pain or stiffness
Sacral Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Sacral Chakra
One of the key elements in healing the second chakra is to learn to focus on self-pleasure and sexual energy. Connect with Water – the element of second Chakra, being close to the ocean, a lake, going for a bath and swimming. Be Creative by exploring new and old hobbies for yourself that you do for your own pleasure: writing, painting, music.
The color of sacral chakra is orange which is the key to chakra balancing. Start by wearing orange colored clothes more often.
There are several techniques to work on balancing and opening sacral chakras varying from food, crystals/gemstones, meditation, yoga poses, chanting, and physical activity.
Sacral chakra healing foods
- Orange-colored fruits and vegetables such as oranges, carrots, mangos, pumpkins, papayas.
- Sea food such as fish, salmon, ocean trout
- Sensual foods such as coconut, pomegranate
Sacral chakra healing crystals/stones
Using orange sunstone is a great choice for healing sacral chakra.
- bring joy and positive feelings into your life.
- enhances intuition and allows the real self to shine through happily
- bring you a warm, strong solar energy
- having a useful effect on your sexuality.
- increase sexual energy and playfulness
- ease the symptoms of fatigue, stomach related illnesses
- focus your passions, and lighten your path with joy
- strengthen your ability to accept the changes
- reduce your emotional fears
The vibrant orange amber is a powerful healing stone, will
- remove impurities
- increasing self-confidence
- attract love and increase the enjoyment of the sensual activity
This vibrant stone
- bring you joy, pleasure, friendship
- awakens energies of creativity and sexuality
- against laziness effectively
- increase your confidence, desire, and passion
- regulates the kidneys, and accelerates healing in bones
- heals reproductive system
Sacral chakra essential oils
Essential oils have powerful healing qualities that wake up feelings of uplifting, relaxation, and help balance sacral chakra with its sweet, floral, romantic scent. To open the second chakra,
try burning earthy essential oils, candles, incense; diffuse the oil in the air or wear in your wrist or back of your neck.
Some popular essential oils for healing sacral chakra are cardamom, ylang-ylang, rose, sandalwood.
The sweet, spicy and slightly floral scent can
- bring a sensual and positive energy
- uplifting and energizing
- prevent anxious behaviors
- induce relaxation
- energize and improve mental clarity.
This floral oil is popular for
- reduce stress
- create a calm and open atmosphere
- improve the feeling of gratitude and connection in relationship
Rose is an incredible fragrance, is powerful for
- Soothe the emotions
- Fighting with stress, grief
- Decreases anxiety and stress
- Stimulates sex drive
This sweet, woodsy aroma can
- increase your sensual awareness
- make you feel more alert and focused
- deepens meditation and relieve anxiety
Sacral chakra chant/mantra/sound
The seed mantra of the base chakra is “VAM”. The sound when chanted echoes and reaches directly to the center of the sacral chakra and activates it right away. You can simply sit in a quiet place, visualise the colour orange in the region of the sacral chakra, and chant “VAM MMMM” a few times.
Sacral chakra essential yoga pose
Yoga with Hip Opening poses help you to let go of physical tension, release emotional blockages, stimulating and balancing your sacral chakra. Some of the yoga poses such as One Legged Pigeon Pose, Goddess Squat, Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend, Warrior Pose-I, Butterfly Pose will help to heal the imbalance of your sacral chakra.
- One Legged Pigeon Pose – Eka Pada Rajakapotasana. This pose will eliminate all the blockages of the sex chakra.
- adjust the energy by directing it from thighs to deep abdomen center.
- activates the navel center
- illuminates the abdominal organs
- keep good health of the testes and ovaries.
- Goddess Squat – Utkata Konasana.
- stretching the hips, knees, ankles, and shoulders.
- strengthen the entire lower body and a strong base for the hips and spine
- improves balance, focus, and concentration
- helps to warm and energize the whole body
- Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend – Upavistha Konasana.
- opens up the hip, stretches the legs
- stimulates the muscles and organs of the abdomen
- increases the stretch on the legs.
- detoxifies your kidneys and prevents kidney related issues
- Warrior Pose I – Virabhadrasana I.
- strengthens the legs, arms, and lower back.
- encourages good circulation and respiration
- opens the pelvic area
- improves balance, concentration, and core awareness.
- energizes the entire body
- Butterfly Pose – Baddha Konasana. removes the energy blocks from the second chakra
- stimulating the abdominal organs, ovaries gland
- open up the uterus, and stretch the groin, inner thighs.
Sacral chakra affirmations
To open the sacral chakra, repeat affirmations that involve pleasure, creativity, intimacy, and connection, change. Here are some examples:
- I accept change.
- I’m willing to go with the flow of change and deal with it.
- I am able to let go of unwanted and unhealthy thoughts.
- I am happy and I am in control of my emotions.
- I am a creative person and I love what I create.
Sacral Chakra is our center of sexual energy, pleasure, creativity, intimacy, keep it balance , you will able to go with the flow, enjoy pleasures of life and freely creative.