The Heart Chakra is home of uncoditional love, compassion and empathy. A balanced heart chakra will support you love yourself and love others and maintain a healthy heart and lungs.
Table of Content
- What is the Heart Chakra?
- Heart Chakra Imbalance
- Heart Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Heart Chakra
What is the Heart Chakra?
Heart Chakra or Anahata, is the 4th Chakra in the 7 Chakras system, located in the center of your chest, the color is green and the element is air. This chakra is the center of love, balance, and connection, and helps to shape your capacity for compassion, affection, trust and love.
Physically, the heart Chakra governs the thymus gland and immune system, heart, lungs, breasts, arms, hands. Thymus gland procedures lymphocytes, control immune systems.
If your heart chakra is balanced, you will
- have a strong sense of empathy for others and yourself.
- compassionate toward self and others, giving person
- feel loving and calm
- easily able to give and receive love
- accept of self and others
- takes responsibility for self
- able to experience and express emotions without suppression
- manage stress with ease
- own healthy heart and lungs
|Heart Chakra Information||Heart Chakra details|
|Meaning of Heart Chakra||Anahata = (Universal Compassion)|
|Heart Chakra Location||In the center of the chest, between the breasts|
|Heart Chakra Color||Green|
|Heart chakra symbol||12 petalled green lotus|
Heart Chakra Imbalance
Overactive Heart Chakra
- clinginess and lack of self-independence
- you may feel jealous
Underactive Heart Chakra
- difficulty trusting others
- impatience and irritability
- lack of empathy, compassion
- you may have a low sense of self
- feeling of rejection, loneliness, and depression
Common physical signs of heart chakra imbalance relate to the upper part of the body, heart, immune system. Amongst other symptoms, the most occurring ones are:
- a decrease in immune system function
- heart and circulatory issues such as high blood pressure, heart attack, poor circulation
- asthma or other respiratory ailments
- breast cancer
- stiff joints or joint problems in the hands
- pain in the upper back, shoulders or wrists.
Heart Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Heart Chakra
A balanced heart chakra allows you to be sensitive to others, comfortable with who you are, to feel and give unconditional love and give you the power to protect yourself from internal and external negativity. So, ensuring your heart chakra, anahata chakra, is aligned is important.
The color of the heart chakra is green which is the key to chakra balancing. Start by wearing green-colored clothes more often.
There are several techniques to work on balancing and opening heart chakra varying from food, crystals/gemstones, meditation, yoga poses, and chanting.
Heart Chakra Healing Food
The heart chakra is associated with beautiful green, so be sure eat a lot of green food. Lots of them!
- Green fruits and vegetables such as grapes, cucumbers, apples, limes, guava and kiwi, kale, brussels sprouts, spinach, kale, peas, asparagus, broccoli and zucchini…
- Green tea
- Cacao is always a amazing heart opener. Otherwise, there are so many herbs to mix with such as basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley and coriander.
Heart Chakra Healing Crystals/Stones
Green Jade, Rose Quart, Malachite, Green Aventurine are one of the best crystals for heart chakra.
This soothing green stone is a powerful heart healer
- soothe and strengthen the nervous system
This stone of love has a very strong effect on the heart
- purifies and open the heart
- strengthen and balance the circulatory system
- used to treat ailments of the heart, thymus gland
- the energy of rose quartz encourages empathy, forgiveness
- clear out anger, jealousy, and resentment of others
This tone of transformation is using to balance the heart
- can treat lowers blood pressure
- encourage compassion for yourself and others and strengthen your natural healing abilities.
- maintains a healthy heart and circulatory system
This stone of good luck will energize and clear the heart chakra blockage
- reducing the heart attack
- balance blood pressure
- support harmonious relationship
Heart Chakra Healing Essential Oils
Using these oils to open up and rebalance your heart chakra
This warm, romantic scent of jasmine is ideal essential oil for healing the heart chakra
- boost your sense of confidence
- Increase alertness
- Treat emotional stress, low libido and insomnia
This soft, sweet oil is perfect for a romantic relationship
- reduce blood pressure
- relieve stress
- help to have deep sleep
This uplifting and citrus aroma is one of the good choice to heal your heart chakra
- improve blood circulation
- boost energy
- relieve stress
Heart Chakra Healing Chant/Mantra/Sound
The seed mantra of the base chakra is “YUM”. The sound when chanted echoes and reaches directly to the center of the fourth chakra and activates it right away. You can simply sit in a quiet place, visualise the colour green in the region of the heart chakra, and chant “YUM MMMM” a few times.
Heart Chakra Healing Yoga Pose
Yoga with heart opening poses help you to let go of physical tension, release emotional blockages, stimulating and balancing your heart chakra. Some of the yoga poses such as Cat pose & Cow Pose, Camel Pose, Cobra Pose will help to heal the imbalance of your heart chakra.
- Cat pose & Cow Pose.
- stretch hips, back, chest, abdomen
- improve blood circulation
- Camel Pose – Ustrasana.
- stimulate the chest open the heart
- reduce anxiety and fatigue
- strengthens the spine, arms
- Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana. This opening heart posture
- strengthen shoulder, arms, back muscles
- encourage compassion and connection
- Improve blood circulation
Heart Chakra Healing Affirmation
- “I choose joy, compassion, and love.”
- “I love myself unconditionally, and I give the same love to others.”
- “I forgive others, and I forgive myself.”
Heart Chakra is center of love, for compassion, affection, trust, keeping heart chakra balanced will help you have a strong sense of empathy for others and yourself.
Interested in more other Chakra beside Heart Chakra? Go to Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chaka, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra and Crown Chakra for more information!