This article is a buying guide and detailed review of the best wax melts on Amazon. It spares no detail about how to make your scented wax melts last longer, and how to choose the best among the numerous wax melts in the market.
It is no news that scented wax melts are fast becoming a popular and safer alternative to scented candles. The debate over scented wax melts and scented candles is a common topic. Scented wax melts are said to be non-toxic, eco-friendly, relatively safer, and leave no sooty residue.
What Are the 10 Best Wax Melts on Amazon?
Keep reading to find out about the best wax melts with fantastic features and benefits to blow your mind away. They include:
- Swan Creek Drizzle Melts Wax Warmer Triple Scented Cubes
- Aira Wax Melt – Organic, Vegan Scented Soy Wax Cubes
- Woodwick Candle Woodwick Wax Melt
- Natural American Farm Raised Made Soy Scented Wax Melts
- Scented Wax Melts for Wax Warmers – Highly Fragrant Air Freshener
- The Scent Galaxy Pumpkin Pecan & Waffles Wax Melts
- Shortie’s Candle Company Apple Harvest Wax Melts
- Febreze Unstopables Fresh Wax Melts Air Freshener
- Better Homes and Gardens Fresh Cut Frasier Wax Cubes
- ScentSationals Zen Wax Cubes
If you’re in a hurry and looking for the best wax melt, we’d recommend the Swan Creek Drizzle Melts Wax Warmer Triple Scented Cubes.
This Swan Creek Candle company is well-known for making beautifully scented wax melts.
The potent ingredient in this wax melt is 100% natural American soybean wax and natural essentials oils. This intensely fragrant product is guaranteed to leave your home smelling lovely all day.
The product is 100% organic, clean-burning, and lead-free. It comes in a delicious Honey Soaked Apple fragrance that smells just like sweet candy. Each pack contains six cubes of 4.75 oz. Scented wax melts.
- Made with high-quality essential oils and 100% natural soybean wax.
- Quite inexpensive when compared to other products.
- Non-toxic, clean-burning, and completely lead-free.
- The wax is hard to clean out from the warmer.
The Aira Wax Melt is made from a creamy and fresh smelling soybean wax. Each pack contains 6 cubes of sweet-smelling wax and lasts a combined 200 hours. It is made with natural essential oils of the highest quality.
Soybean wax has the advantage of being organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and kosher so that everybody can use them.
The lovely product comes in two bestselling fragrances, a refreshing mixture of eucalyptus plus spearmint and a calming blend of lavender and vanilla.
- Soybean wax is organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and kosher.
- Made with only the highest quality essential oils.
- Has two wonderful fragrance combinations to choose from.
- It is long-lasting, with over 200 hours of use per pack.
- The fragrance was not as strong as advertised.
This is an excellent scented wax melt from the Woodwick company and is incredibly one of the best wax melts you can find.
They come in easily breakable 3 oz. squares that can conveniently be used on any wax warmer. The product comes in a unique blend of tart green apple and spicy cinnamon.
The fragrance is long-lasting and not too overpowering. Each cube comes in a little hourglass shape, which has become the trademark of the company.
- Made with only high-quality essential oils.
- The fragrance is a beautiful blend of tart green apple and spicy cinnamon.
- The fragrance was too mild.
This family-owned company has been making beautifully scented wax melts for generations. Made from 100% natural soy wax and essentials oils, all hand blended to give the best quality products. Each pack contains six cubes of 15 oz. scented wax melts.
The product is 100% American made and comes in several great fragrances like Home Sweet Home, Fall Spice, Cinnamon Caramel Swirl, Sugar & Spice, Pecan Waffle.
The product is long-lasting, non-toxic, and sweet-smelling; these are ways customers have described this great product.
- Made with high-quality essential oils and 100% natural soy wax.
- It comes in a wide range of available fragrances.
- It has great customer support and a refund policy.
- It has a weak scent range.
The Way Out West Scented Wax Warmer is made from soy wax and is 100% non-toxic, making it one of the green scented wax melts that ever graced the market.
Each pack contains 6 cubes of sweet-smelling wax tarts, which gives a long-lasting fragrance. It is made with only natural food-grade essential oils and is not overpowering or irritating.
This fantastic product comes in two unique fragrances, eucalyptus, and lavender. The product is made in the USA, and the company promises a full refund of customer satisfaction is not achieved.
- Soy wax is non-toxic, organic, and eco-friendly.
- Made with only the highest quality essential oils.
- Has two wonderful fragrance combinations to choose from.
- The eucalyptus fragrance was too irritating.
Have you been searching for highly scented wax melts, then the Scent Galaxy Pumpkin Pecan & Waffles Wax Melts is for you. Asides being made with strong scents, they are produced in small batches to ensure freshness.
It comes in different packages, with each containing six breakaway pieces. This wax melt does its job very quickly and fills the entire room with a pleasing smell. All you need to do is to add it to the melter and there you go, enjoying the great scent that will last for over 6 hours.
Also, they are made in small batches and are stocked with enough scent. It is also very easy to use and will perform great in all warmers. Lastly, this candle wax with great smell comes in a pack of two; each of these packs has 6 wax cubes contained in them.
- It works quickly and it lasts for long (more than 6 hours)
- Great scent
- Made in small batches
- It is very easy to use
- Some buyers on Amazon complained about the product
The Shortie’s Candle Company Apple Harvest Wax Melts is not just your regular wax melt; however, it is a unique apple fragrance that is well blended with a touch of spice and bright fruit notes.
They are hand-poured with the natural paraffin wax blend all to give you a special scent throw. They are manufactured in the United States and with essential and natural oils included in the production. All the melt packs come with great scents and work very well with all wax melters, warmer wax, and oil warmers.
The fragrance oil is mixed with clove, cedarwood essential oils, natural cinnamon, orange, and nutmeg. The smell lasts much longer, with the ability to provide a strong fragrance for more than 8 hours. These wax melts can be compared to the Scentsy Bars or Yankee Tarts, but the harvest wax melts seem to have a stronger smell.
The Shortie’s Candle Company Apple Harvest Wax Melts will surely offer great value for your money.
- It produces a unique and great fragrance
- The smell produced from this wax melts lasts very long
- Essential and natural oils included
- It seems more expensive compared to other wax melts
The Febreze Unstopables Fresh Wax Melts Air Freshener is another great wax melts that will offer great value for your money. This is because it gives you a bolder and stronger scent, and the greatest feature of all is that its smell lasts for very long periods.
This welt max has a long staying power and this is why it is one of my favorite wax melts and is also loved by many. You can see the number of positive reviews this product has got on Amazon, with 87% of 274 buyers rating it 5 stars. This shows how this product stands out and how it offers what it promises.
Lastly, this wax melts air freshener, when placed in a wax warmer can be used in your bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, or anywhere else you want to give some great smell.
- It offers great value for your money
- This wax melts gives you a bolder and stronger scent
- It delivers its lovely scent for long periods
- This product can be used virtually everywhere
- Few customers complained about the product with one buyer terming the product “Not fresh”
If you’ve been searching for a high-quality wax melts that will give your home or office a unique and sensational smell, then the Better Homes and Gardens Fresh Cut Frasier Wax Cubes is for you.
It is manufactured in the USA, so there’s no need to worry about the quality of the product. Of course, you can see the high ratings it has got on Amazon, with its overall rating standing at 4.6 out of 5 stars.
For each package, it has four packs or six wax cubes and its overall weight is 10oz. This product has got a beautiful scent and it will surely get your visitors wondering why your living room is so amazing. They might even decide to stay longer!
Cleaning this product is easy; all you need is a paper towel. To ensure prolonged use, keep it safe in a cool place.
- It is easy to clean
- This product comes with a beautiful scent
- Lasts for long
- Offers great value for your money
- Some buyers believe that the product is overpriced
This is one of the best wax cubes available in the market. ScentSationals Zen Wax Cubes comes in 2.5oz (71g) and it features 4 wax cubes. Without a doubt, these wax cubes are made of ingredients that soothe your soul. The wax is very easy to use; all you need to do is clean up with just a paper towel.
Most of the customers that used this product rated it 5 stars due to its effectiveness. Also, you can use it in several places, hence, it is versatile. It is a very reliable way of making your space smell nice and fresh. You can also reuse these wax cubes until the fragrance disappears.
Another great thing you will enjoy about this product is that the fragrance lasts long. It takes a good number of hours for the scent to dissipate, making it cost-effective as you don’t need to keep buying wax cubes every time. ScentSationals Zen Wax Cubes doesn’t contain any toxic substance, hence, it is safe to use.
- It is affordable
- Fragrance lasts long
- Easy to clean up
- Features no toxic substance
- Made in the USA
- The cubes are too few in a pack
How to Make Scented Wax Cubes Last Longer?
Here are several ways to make your scented wax cubes last longer and save up a few bucks:
- Use them intermittently: Instead of melting a whole cube in one session, allow the cube to melt until the room’s fragrance permeates. You may then switch off the warmer.
- Use an electric timer: Burning a wax cube when nobody is home is a waste of resources. Buy an electric wax warmer with a timer and set it to turn on 15-20 minutes before you get home from work.
- Switch up the fragrance regularly: The human nose quickly adapts to familiar scents (this is called natural anosmia). If you want to keep enjoying your scented wax cubes’ fragrance, try changing fragrance regularly.
- Remove the old wax before use: Adding new wax in a container containing old wax dilutes the original cube’s strength.
- Cut them up into smaller pieces: If you plan on using your scented wax cubes for short periods, you can try cutting the cubes into smaller pieces before use.
- Store them properly: Proper storage of your scented wax cubes is necessary to maintain their fragrance and ensure they last longer.
Safety Tips for Scented Wax Melts
Here are a few essential safety tips you should keep in mind when using scented wax melts:
- Always store them away from kids and pets who may mistake these sweet-smelling cubes for treats.
- If you use a burner, never leave it unattended.
- Do not add water to hot wax, as this can be quite dangerous.
- Handle hot wax with caution as it can cause burns.
- Place your burner out of reach of children and pets.
- Make sure you put out the flame before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Make sure you remove any plastic packaging from wax melts before using them.
- Do not pour melted wax into the drain.
- Do not use an electric wax warmer or burner if there are any obvious signs of damage.
- Before you change fragrances, switch off the wax warmer and allow all the wax to cool and harden.
- Once the wax melt has hardened, remove it using gentle pressure.
- Do not use the wax warmer with fragrance oils or for anything besides the intended use.
- Do not use your electric wax warmer continuously for no longer than 3 hours.
Scented Wax Melts Vs Scented Candles
The battle between scented wax melts and scented candles has been raging for years. With no clear winner yet, here are a few reasons you should go for scented wax melts:
- Wax melts and heats up more slowly, therefore, gives off a more intense and prolonged aroma.
- Scented wax melts more slowly than scented candles and can last for more extended periods.
- Wax melts are cheaper.
- Since they do not burn and release toxins into the atmosphere, they are healthier and safer than scented candles.
- By breaking the wax melts into smaller pieces, you can control the intensity of the aroma.
- They are more environmentally friendly.
- They don’t leave a sooty residue.
How To Choose The Quality Wax Melts
When choosing scented wax melts, there are several vital things to keep in mind:
- Look for products that have your favorite fragrance.
- Choose products that have been tested and confirmed as safe for indoor use.
- Look for non-toxic, eco-friendly, and lead-free products.
- Choose scented wax melts that are easy to clean up after use.
- If you have medical conditions like allergies or respiratory issues, consult your doctor before using any scented wax melt.
Frequency Ask Questions
1. Are Wax Melts Safe?
Most of the wax melts are safe but not all of them. Soy wax, beeswax, coconut wax are safer than paraffin wax. Choosing the wax that is made from natural ingredients such as soybeans, honey bees or coconut are safe for babies. Paraffin wax releases harmful chemicals into the air that can cause us lung damage when breathing.
2. How Long Do Scented Wax Cubes Last?
How long scented wax cubes last depends on a wide range of factors. Generally, an entire bar of scented wax cubes can last for between 50-80 hours. A single cube typically lasts 6-10 hours.
Various factors can affect how long your scented wax cubes last, such as:
- The particular fragrance is used: Some scents last longer than others and tend to diffuse more thickly through the home.
- Your wax warmer temperature: Heating the wax at higher temperatures causes it to melt more quickly. This helps the scent diffuse more rapidly but also means your wax will not last as long.
- The size of the cube: Smaller cubes melt quicker than larger wax cubes.
- Oil-to-wax ratio: The oil-to-wax rate used by manufacturers in their recipes plays a role in how long each wax cube will last.
- Fragrance concentration: The concentration of fragrance used by each manufacturer determines the strength of the scent it gives off. Most manufacturers typically use about 6% fragrance concentration.
- Type of oil used: Fragrance oils are synthetic oils added to wax cubes to give them their characteristic perfume. They tend to last longer than essential oils, which are natural but quite expensive.
- Storage conditions: The conditions under which your scented wax cubes were stored can affect their chemical makeup and quality.
We won’t do a proper justice if we forget to mention that the debate between scented candle waxes and scented candles rages. However, it seems like wax melts might be gaining ground. No matter what comes out on top, scented wax melts are a safe and effective way to give your home the lovely fragrance it deserves.