5 Best Incense Smell for Meditation
Incense is a great tool to use during meditation. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best incense for deep meditation, the different types of incense, how to use them, and much more.
If you want to start burning incense as a part of your meditation routine or want to know more about incense, read it on. So here is all you need to know about using incense for deep meditation.
What is the 5 Best Incense for Meditation?
Based on my research, tests, and overall customer reviews, here are my top five choices on best incense for meditation:
- Chakras Incense Sticks, Perfect for Meditation, Reiki, Yoga, Relaxation, & Healing
- Karma Scents Premium Incense Sticks for Meditation, Yoga, Healing, Prayer
- Hem Meditation Incense Sticks
- Buddha Head Statue Tabletop Zen Garden Kit with Incense Burner and Tealight Candle Holder
- Incense Meditation by Satya Incense Bangalore
If you’re in a hurry and looking for the best incense for meditation, we’d recommend the Chakras Incense Sticks, Perfect for Meditation, Reiki, Yoga, Relaxation, & Healing.
1. Chakras Incense Sticks, Perfect for Meditation, Reiki, Yoga, Relaxation, & Healing
The Chakra Incense brand offers you this fantastic product: a package of 100% natural, non-toxic, sweet-smelling incense sticks. These incense sticks are great for meditation, Reiki healing, yoga, relaxation, and much more. These natural, hand-rolled incense sets help purify your environment and detoxify your body.
The incense comes in several popular fragrances, including patchouli, jasmine, ylang-ylang, bergamot, sandalwood, rose, frankincense, peppermint, sage, and lotus. Besides having a wonderful scent, each fragrance has several well-documented benefits when used for aromatherapy.
The incense sticks are long-lasting, eco-friendly, and have a natural fragrance. Each bar comes with its instruction manual and personalized mantra. The package includes a free wooden incense burner, so you can light your first stick the moment you receive your set.
- It comes with a free wooden incense burner.
- Eco-friendly brand.
- The fragrance is not as strong as advertised.
2. Karma Scents Premium Incense Sticks for Meditation, Yoga, Healing, Prayer
Karma Scents Premium incense sticks are hand-blended and rolled in India following ancient techniques. They are made with natural herbs, essential oils, and wood gums. This is great for those who want a genuinely pure experience of enlightenment.
Each scent has a dedicated box. The package comes as six boxes, with each box containing thirty sticks and one incense burner. This gives you a total of one hundred and eighty incense sticks and six incense burners.
It can be used for aromatherapy, healing, meditation, massage, prayer, setting a romantic mood, and creating a soothing atmosphere. The great thing about this product is that it is 100% natural and non-toxic. Being made from only plant-based raw materials, it is also vegan and cruelty-free.
- They come with a large supply of incense sticks.
- They are made from 100% natural products.
- The fragrance has a chemical scent.
3. Hem Meditation Incense Sticks
The HEM Store brings you these fantastic incense sticks which are reminiscent of ancient Buddha practices. The Buddha believed in seeking enlightenment above all things, and this will bring happiness and peace. These fantastic incense sticks will create the perfect zone of calm around you that will enable you to reach higher planes of understanding.
The Hem incense sticks burn smoothly and last for a long time. They do not produce too much smoke, making them great for sensitive to overpowering scents or smoke. The incense sticks are quite versatile and can fit easily into any wooden incense burner.
Customers especially love the soothing fragrance and calming atmosphere it creates, all at a great price. This is an excellent gift for friends and family interested in meditation, aromatherapy, and healing.
- Quite affordable.
- It has a lovely and long-lasting fragrance.
- Some customers did not like the French vanilla fragrance.
4. Buddha Head Statue Tabletop Zen Garden Kit with Incense Burner and Tealight Candle Holder
The Buddha Head Statue is a beautiful tabletop kit that stands out. It comes as a wonderfully crafted Buddha head statue complete with white sand, stones, a tealight candle holder, and an incense burner. This excellent product is a best seller of the MyGift Store brand.
The Buddha’s head is crafted from polyresin rustic bronze, and the black tray is made of wood. The set up offers you a feng shui feeling of balance and calm. The white sand and contrasting black wooden tray signify the importance of balance in all things we do.
The tealight candle holder and incense burner make it ideal for meditation sessions as you can safely use your scented candle and incense stick at the same time. The kit’s compact nature means you can set it up nearly anywhere, making it a very convenient fixture.
- Beautifully crafted and well-balanced set-piece.
- They are made from sturdy materials.
- It’s a pricey product.
5. Incense Meditation by Satya Incense Bangalore
The Satya brand brings you this package, which consists of 12 handmade incense sticks. This product is made from all-natural materials and handcrafted in India by master crafters. This product is 100% non-toxic, cruelty-free, and vegan.
The preparation process involves the formulation of a masala mix using natural extracts in the form of dough. This is done using an ancient method passed down through generations and is then rolled by hand on the bamboo sticks.
This gives you a unique blend of sweet-smelling, long-lasting, and clean-burning incense sticks. Each pack comes in 12 fragrances: Nag Champa, Lavender, Arabian Musk, Musk, Egyptian Jasmine, Dragon’s Fire, Dragon’s Blood, Prana, Ajaro, Money, Rose, and Meditation. Each fragrance has a lovely floral base that you are sure to appreciate.
- 100% non-toxic, cruelty-free, and vegan.
- They are made from only natural raw materials and eco-friendly practices.
- The incense fragrances are all very similar.
The Different Types of Incense
Incense is one of the older meditation aids ever used by man. Ancient Egyptians commonly used it, and prehistoric Egyptian tombs have shown evidence of incense use. Here are some of the different types of incense widely used:
This is widely considered the oldest form of incense. Ancient cultures typically threw powdered flowers, leaves, roots, and other scented parts of plants onto a fire to release a lasting fragrant smoke.
This aided them in meditation and communication with their ancient spirits, as well as had medicinal benefits. It is usually sprinkled on a charcoal base, which helps the aroma spread quickly through the room.
Resin incense is a purer form of incense gotten directly from the sap, bark, or roots of trees, shrubs, and plants. It is burnt directly on a charcoal base to release its clean and powerful fragrance.
Resin incense cannot burn on its own and requires charcoal tablets, a charcoal burner, and some rocks or sand. Though this may be more stressful than the other types of incense, it is said to have the purest and most therapeutic fragrance.
Incense cones are another great way to use incense. They come in the form of a pressed cone of incense and are burnt in special containers. They give off a powerful fragrance and are quite famous for outdoor use.
They typically burn quicker than incense sticks since a large surface area is burnt at once, but this allows for a more powerful fragrance. Incense cones produce a lot of smoke and are best used outdoors.
Incense sticks are the most popular type of incense. There are two commonly used types of incense sticks: those entirely made of incense and those with bamboo cores.
Incense sticks are cheap, easy to use, and combined with a broader range of fragrances than the other types. The best incense sticks are those made from 100% natural raw materials and essential oils.
Why Burn Incense Sticks During Meditation?
Besides just having a wonderful fragrance, there are numerous reasons to incorporate incense sticks into your meditation routines. Here are a few things you stand to benefit from using incense sticks:
- Clear your mind: The fragrance from incense helps clear your mind of all distractions. Frankincense is especially great for dispelling distracting thoughts.
- Helps you focus: Incense sticks sharpen your mind and give you clarity during meditation. They are an excellent aid for collecting and organizing your thoughts.
- Have health benefits: Incense sticks have a wide range of different fragrances used for aromatherapy. They can help treat various conditions such as insomnia, sexual disorders, chronic pain, anxiety, etc.
- Promotes relaxation: Using incense sticks during meditation is a great way to relax and get rid of stress.
- Stimulates creativity: By healing you clear and helping you focus your mind, incense sticks help boost your creativity. They allow you to think up, organize, perfect, and execute new ideas more easily.
- Detoxifies your environment: Incense sticks help you release negative emotions and energy from your body during meditation. They purify the environment around you as well and help promote health.
How to Choose the Right Incense for Your Meditation?
When you’re searching for the right incense stick for you, there are several key things you have to keep in mind:
- Choose the right fragrance: Choose a scent that you like or that best fits your mood and meditation purpose.
- Use non-toxic products: Make sure that any incense you use is certified and non-toxic and safe.
- Made from natural materials: Use only incense made from natural resins and plant raw materials. Avoid synthetic brands.
- Manufacturing process: Handcrafted incense sticks are typically made from natural materials and, therefore, safer.
- Choose eco-friendly brands: Use brands that use eco-friendly manufacturing processes and renewable raw materials.
How To Use Best Burn Incense For Meditation
Here are a few tips on how best to utilize your incense for meditation:
- Choose the right incense: This is one of the most critical steps in using incense. Different fragrances may aid in concentration, have calming effects, act as mood boosters, etc. Make sure you choose the fragrance that best suits your purposes.
- Get comfortable: Rid your environment of all distractions. Dim the lights and get rid of all noise. Make sure the room is at a comfortable temperature, then set up your incense set. Once you’ve done this, enter your meditation pose and get ready for the next step.
- Light your incense: The incense should serve as a grounding aid during meditation and focus your mind. Clear your mind of distractions and focus on the smell and sight of the smoke from the incense. Use this as a beacon to guide your inner chakra into a higher plane.
- Focus your mind: Most people assume meditation involves entering a subconscious state, but it is hyper consciousness. By clearing your mind and focusing your thoughts, you can significantly expand your mental, emotional and metaphysical abilities.
- End the session: Don’t forget to put out your incense once you finish a meditation session. Store it safely away in a cool, dry place to avoid damage to the incense and allow it to retain its powerful properties for as long as possible.
In conclusion, incense is an excellent tool for meditation and something you should endeavor to make an integral part of your routine. The benefits are numerous, far-reaching, and exceptionally useful.
Remember to maintain caution when using incense of any sort. All the necessary safety precautions should be fully observed, and always remember to put it out at the end of every session. Good luck on your journey to enlightenment.