Stress is inevitable and is sometimes a healthy part of our lives. However, it can get too excessive, causing anxiety and panic! Fortunately, there are excellent ways to reduce these negative feelings, such as the best gemstones for anxiety.
These are all-natural tools that help manage stress and relieve anxiety and its symptoms. But what are these gemstones and how exactly do they help?
Read on as I show you the five best gemstones for anxiety and learn more about how they can help.
How Bad Can Anxiety Be?
Everyone has anxiety, but if you have chronic anxiety or diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, it can interfere with the quality of life. It can get very bad, to the point if has consequences on one’s physical health!
Here are the major effects anxiety can have on the body:
- Anxiety can increase your breathing and heart rate, concentrating the blood flow to your brain. This will have you prepare for intense and stressful situations. If it does get too intense, you’ll start feeling lightheaded and nauseated.
- Long-term anxiety attacks will have your brain release stress hormones regularly. This increases the frequency and intensity of symptoms, like headaches, depression, among other uncomfortable feelings.
- Anxiety may cause rapid heart rate, chest pain, and palpitations. It can increase the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure
- It can also affect your digestive systems, causing stomachaches, diarrhea, nausea, among other digestive issues like IBS.
- Anxiety can weaken your immune system, having you more vulnerable to various infections and illnesses. This is because of how it releases floods of chemicals and hormones in your system. It may also cause rapid and shallow breathing, which worsens asthma or other respiratory conditions you may have.
The Best Things to Do For Anxiety
What helps anxiety naturally? There are different ways to calm anxiety attacks or panic attacks without the use of medication. Here are some of the best things you can do in case of an attack:
- Meditate and learn breathing exercises to maintain your breath and rhythm.
- Avoid vices such as alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, and other harmful drugs.
- Have a healthy diet and exercise routine, as staying active and eating right improves your mental health.
- Always get enough sleep to lessen the production of stress hormones. Good rest can give you a good mood and optimum energy levels to get you through the day.
- As mentioned, you can also use gemstones, holding the appropriate stone between your thumb and index finger. Gently move your thumb back and forth across your stone, which can help reduce stress and ground you.
What crystals are good for anxiety?
Now that you know about anxiety and how bad it can affect our body, why choose crystals for relieving the negative feelings?
This is because crystals have been used since ancient times to relieve various mental and physical illnesses. They have healing and calming properties, with many people reporting of its excellent benefits and effectiveness.
But which are the best crystals for anxiety? Here are some tips to help select the most suitable crystals for you:
- Identify what you think you’re missing and any known triggers of your anxiety and/or panic attacks. This can help indicate what’s happening within you before you depend on other sources (like crystals).
- Select crystals that focus more on dealing with anxiety and stress, having calming properties that also help with unique physical symptoms you usually suffer from when having an attack.
- Make sure that the crystals and gemstones you purchase are adequately-priced and come from reputable stores. It should be therapeutic-quality gemstones for the best results.
From there, you have narrowed down your choices and can allow your intuition to select the best gemstone. Whether it’s a physical or online store, look for what catches your eye or where you feel a physical pull to. Your inner subconscious will guide your hands to the right crystal, creating the connection you need for reducing anxiety.
What are the Best Gemstones For Anxiety?
You know how to select your crystals, but what are the best ones commonly used for anxiety? These are my five best gemstones for anxiety that’s been proven to give me comfort and calmness when stressed:
Citrine is an excellent gemstone known to unwind tension and anxiety from our mind, body, and emotions. It aids in letting go of worrying thoughts and feelings, as well as the anxiety over difficult situations.
Known as the Sun Crystal, this is a yellow gemstone that exudes brightness, connected to our sun’s vibrant energy and the solar plexus chakra.
With its sunny vibes, the Citrine gemstone can boost self-confidence and have us feel more positive, connecting us with the bright solar energies. This is helpful for those who feel anxious from low self-esteem or feeling less confident in any situation.
2. Blue Lace Agate
The Blue Lace Agate is a gentle and light blue stone, which is very helpful in any situation where you feel like you lack in communication with people. It’s also suitable during situations when tension and stressors are high, such as intense business meetings or fights with loved ones. This helps open and clear your throat chakra, which is why it’s suitable to help deal with communication issues.
The Blue Lace Agate is efficient when overcoming communication issues and misunderstandings, teaching us to communicate comfortably without frustration or tension. It brings peace and tranquility in our minds and body, relieving the anxiety the tense situations bring.
For me, this is probably the best crystal for anxiety and stress relief. From its stunning periwinkle colors down to the smooth and soothing vibrations, it has definitely helped me relax throughout the day.
The Malachite is known as a transformation stone that helps clear any negative energy and/or bad habits we do. It is a part of the heart chakra, which regulates our interactions with the outside world, controlling what we embrace and resist.
By clearing all these negative factors, it aids in keeping your mind focusing on the positive. With this, it will guide you to overcome anxiety and any attacks as you identify the source of your problem and stressors.
That’s why I recommend using Malachite during any stressful situation or environment. It provides a deeper aspect of healing, perfect for meditation and healing sessions as well.
4. Black Tourmaline
This gemstone is a black beauty I love including during my meditation exercises because of how it balances my mind and body. I recommend holding it in one palm during meditation, which would remind you to release any tension from your body, as it connects deeply to all base chakras to help you feel safer and more secure in the world.
This is because the Black Tourmaline is a powerful and protective stone that shields you from negative energies and influences. It also protects you from any harmful electromagnetic radiation and fields, such as the ones that come from your electronic devices. That’s why they are also useful for stressful work environments, lessening the anxiety as you use your computer or phone.
Use this during stressful times to help regain your emotional balance and stability!
5. Rose Quartz
I am in love with the Rose Quartz Crystal because of its adorable light pink color. This is the stone of unconditional love, for both yourself and towards other people. Like the Malachite, it is a heart chakra stone, which is the energy center for all feelings of compassion, joy, love, and warmth.
How is it made for anxiety?
Self-care, compassion, and love are crucial for all of us during the most stressful times. When we feel stress, we forget to take care of ourselves, or even have harmful thoughts towards who we are and how we feel about others.
This crystal reminds us for this, a powerful tool to help us balance our emotions and keep us centered during tension and stress. I also recommend that you use the rose quarts DURING panic attacks, which calms the nerves as it exudes loving vibrations.
How to Use Crystals For Anxiety?
Healing crystals and gemstones are an amazing and healthy way to tune in with your mind and body, alleviating any unsettling thoughts and feelings. Practice the use of gemstones with meditation or other wellness practices, and you can feel centered even during the tensest moments. Here are tips to help you use the crystals properly:
- I recommend that you keep the gemstone or crystal with you at all times, may it be around your neck or as a bracelet. It incorporates the crystal’s abilities to your body and also allows you to show off its beauty.
- Place it in your room, which can improve your room’s energies and also make it an optimum area for meditation and healing sessions.
- You can also use the crystals in other forms, such as water bottles, pipes for medical marijuana, sex toys, or coasters.
Wrapping It Up
Hopefully, my list of the best gemstones for anxiety gave you an idea of what to invest in. If you suffer from anxiety, consider these gemstones and use them well.
For those who have any follow-up questions or want to share their experiences using any of these gemstones for anxiety, do comment below. I appreciate all your thoughts and will get back to you ASAP. Be well!