Essential oils and fragrance oils are vital components used in making scented products such as candles. If you’re wondering why are the best essential oils for candle making, then read on.
In this review, we’ll cover some of the best essential oils on the market, their benefits, what you have to keep in mind when buying essential oils, etc.
Table of Content
Benefits of Using Essential Oils in Candles
Even though they are more costly, many people are choosing essential oils over fragrance oils as part of their candle making routine.
Essential oils have several advantages over fragrance oils, such as being 100% natural, having antioxidant properties, and various therapeutic benefits.
Essential oils are believed to be less toxic and safer than fragrance oils, which release numerous chemicals into the air when burnt. Essential oils also have a more natural fragrance and are safer to handle than fragrance oil.
The 5 Best Essential Oils for Candle Making
Here are the essential oils for candle making we’ll be reviewing::
- Winter Set of 6 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils
- Favorites Set of 14 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils
- Set 14-10 ml Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil
- ArtNaturals Therapeutic-Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil Set – 100% Pure of the Highest Quality Oils
- Natrogix Bliss – Top 9 Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil Set 9/10ml
If you’re in a hurry and looking for the best wireless travel routers, we’d recommend the Winter Set of 6 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils.
1. Winter Set of 6 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils
The P&J Trading Store has been a staple name in the US’s fragrance oil business for years. The company offers a wide range of products known for its long-lasting fragrance and is made from only the best raw materials.
The Winter Set consists of 6 premium grade fragrances that will make you want to curl up before a roaring fire with a hot cocoa cup. The set comes with six 10ml glass amber bottles of Cinnamon, Gingerbread, Sugar Cookies, Harvest Spice, Peppermint, and Christmas Wreath. Each bottle comes with a dropper inset in the cap for easy dispensing.
The fragrance oils can be used for soap bases, candle waxes, scented wax melts, perfumes, unscented incense sticks, baths, body care, and hair care products, aroma diffusers, and homemade cleaning products. All the oils are highly concentrated, phthalate-free, cruelty-free, and made into enhanced formulations ideal for many uses.
- Great smelling fragrance.
- They are made with high-quality materials.
- Dropper included for easy application.
- Fragrance not as strong as advertised.
2. Favorites Set of 14 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils
This is another set of lovely fragrance oil from the P&J Trading Store. The package comes with 14 premium grade fragrance oils in all of the popular scents. The products offer you a long-lasting and wonderful fragrance, all while being cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free, and completely non-toxic.
The oils can be used for a wide range of products and formulations like soaps, perfumes, candle waxes, scented wax melts, baths, body care, and hair care products, aroma diffusers, homemade cleaning products, and so much more.
The package comes as fourteen 10ml amber glass bottles with droppers inset in the cap for easy application. The set comes in a beautiful gift box, which makes the product perfect for presents.
- Great smelling fragrance.
- They are made with quality materials, cruelty-free, phthalate-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Large amounts are needed to produce a strong enough fragrance.
3. Set 14-10 ml Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil
The Plant Guru store offers this great product, including 14 of its most popular essential oil fragrances, all together in one fantastic package. The scents included are Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Orange, Tea Tree, Lemon, Lime, Clove, Spearmint, Lemongrass, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit.
The product is made from high-quality extracts. They are made from 100% natural raw materials with no synthetic chemicals, carriers, or bases added. These essential oils are non-toxic, cruelty-free, and completely vegan.
Essential oils are popularly used for aromatherapy, massage and body oils, lotions, soaps, scented candles and wax melts, aroma diffusers, various blends, and home care products. The set is easy to use, making it perfect for those who are just stepping into the world of essential oils.
- They are made from all-natural products.
- Wide range of popular fragrances.
- Complaints that the fragrance is somewhat synthetic.
4. ArtNaturals Therapeutic-Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil Set – 100% Pure of the Highest Quality Oils
The ArtNaturals company brings you this excellent set of high-quality essential oils. Their essential oils are made from the purest bark, seed, and flower extracts worldwide.
You will be given eight 10 ml bottles of the most refined essential oils. The package comes in eight widely popular fragrances, including Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Orange, and Frankincense.
The oils are used for aromatherapy, making scented candles and wax melts, aroma diffusers, home care products, etc. The kit is perfect as a gift for candle makers or those who wish to start candle making as a hobby.
- They are made from 100% natural extracts from all over the world.
- Wide range of popular fragrances.
- Faulty packaging which led to spills in some packages.
5. Natrogix Bliss – Top 9 Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil Set 9/10ml
Natrogix Bliss Essential Oils offers a package of nine of its most popular essential oil fragrances. The product comes in a beautifully designed gift package. The oils are contained within nine amber glass bottles with easy-to-use droppers. You would be pleased to know that the oils are of therapeutic grade and have been thoroughly tested.
The fragrances offered are Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Orange, and Frankincense. These fragrances are trendy in aromatherapy and have many beneficial effects on the mind and body.
You also get a free e-book which contains 200 incredible recipes and soul-lifting fragrance combinations. All products are GC/MS certified and are free of herbicides, pesticides, chemical additives, and bases. They can be used to make a wide range of scented products.
- They are made from all-natural products and non-toxic.
- All products go through rigorous testing and certification before use.
- The fragrance was not long-lasting.
5 Things to Consider Before Buying Best Essential Oils for Candle Making
Before purchasing essential oils for candle making, there are several vital things you have to consider:
- Price: Essential oils can be quite expensive. Even among the ease oils, some extracts, such as rose, are costlier than others. Fragrance oils are not 100% natural, but they may provide you with a cheaper alternative.
- Scent: Choose essential oils that come in your favorite fragrances. Some popular fragrances include jasmine, lavender, lemongrass, and frankincense. Choose aromas that complement your mood.
- Therapeutic Effects: Many essential oils are believed to have therapeutic effects and are even considered powerful antioxidants. You can use these to your benefit by choosing the fragrances that you feel would be most beneficial for you.
- Strength: The strength of the essential oil is also significant. Some people like strong smelling fragrances, while others prefer more gentle scents. Keep this in mind when buying essential oils for use.
- Reviews: Before purchasing a product, it is essential to read past customer and professional reviews. This will give you an idea of the quality of the product and its key features.
What Are the Best Essential Oils for Soy Candles?
ArtNaturals Therapeutic-Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil Set – 100% Pure of the Highest Quality Oils
The ArtNaturals aromatherapy set comes with some of the best quality essential oils from all around the globe. The strict distillation and refining process makes them some of the best essential oils for candle making.
Set 14-10 ml Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil
The Plant Guru Therapeutic Grade essential oils kit comes with all-natural products free of gluten, phthalates, synthetic additives, and bases. The product is vegan and cruelty-free, as well as made from entirely eco-friendly distillation and refining practices.
Natrogix Bliss – Top 9 Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil Set 9/10ml
Natrogix Bliss Essential Oils have been fully certified as free of dangerous chemicals and additives. Every batch goes through rigorous testing procedures before being brought out for sale. They have a natural and long-lasting fragrance that has been a staple in the market for years.
Fragrance Oils Vs. Essential Oils in Candles
Many people hear about essential oils and fragrance oils without knowing what that truly means. Here are a few key differences between the two fragrant oils:
The notable difference between fragrance and essential oils lies in how they are made. Fragrance oils are synthetic substances created from a mixture of different chemical compounds put together in a laboratory.
Essential oils, however, are made from concentrated extracts gotten from the seeds, flowers, and barks of specially grown plants. They are gotten from special distillation techniques that allow their fragrances to be safely extracted.
Essential oils are typically much pricier than fragrance oils. This is because it costs more to grow and nurture these plants. Plants used to make essential oils must be cultivated under very closely controlled conditions to ensure maximum quality.
Another reason is that large quantities of these plants are required to make even small amounts of essential oils, making the process relatively inefficient. On the other hand, fragrance oils can be cheaply synthesized in large quantities on labs.
Essential oils are beloved to have numerous health benefits. They are popularly used in aromatherapy to treat a wide range of different conditions such as pain, anxiety, sleep disorders, depression, amongst other things.
Fragrance oils are synthetically made and lack these healing properties. Some people believe they are even harmful to your health due to certain substances they release when burnt.
Fragrance oils typically have a more pungent scent than essential oils due to their more stable chemical composition. They also usually last longer than essential oils, so they are the preferred fragrance base for scented products.
What Impacts the Quality Of Essential Oils?
The quality of a batch of essential oils can be impacted by:
How the plants are grown: Chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, and certain fertilizers affect the quality of the plants. Also, weather variations and local soil conditions affect the quality of their extracts and, therefore, the oil’s quality.
Processing: Not all essential oils go through the same processing process. Some oils are more heavily dilutes than others or less well refined. This heavily affects the quality of the final product.
Packaging and handling: Essential oils quickly degrade when exposed to light, extremes of temperature, and oxygen. This leases to a change in their chemical composition that rapidly affects the quality of the product.
Storage: Essential oils should always be adequately stored in tightly closed, darkened glass containers in a cool place. This ensures lasting quality and fragrance. The average shelf life of natural essential oils is 1-2 years after opening.
Essential oils are a vital part of making scented products such as candles, wax melts, soaps, body care products, etc. They have many benefits, such as aromatherapy, antioxidant properties, and even antimicrobial abilities. That’s why choosing the right fragrance for your blend is essential.