Candle making is a fun activity for beginners and experts alike. Candle making is safe, comfortable, and a great creative outlet. This review will give you the best candle making kits for beginners you can purchase online. It also features the pros, cons, what to consider before buying a DIY candle making kit, how to properly care for specific candle making kits, and why everyone should make their candles.
Table of Content
- What are the 10 Best Candle Making Kits?
- What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Adults?
- What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Kids?
- What are The Cheap Budget Candle Making Kits?
- What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Beginners?
- Why Make Your Candles?
- How To Choose The Best Candle Making Kits
- How To Take Care of Your Candle Making Kits
What are the Best Candle Making Kits?
Here are the candle making kits we’ll be reviewing:
- Soy Candle Making Kit – DIY Gift Kits
- Homemade Natural Soy Wax Candle Making Kit – Country Lane
- DIY Candle Making Kit Supplies – JIWINNER Store
- CraftZee Large Scented Soy Candles
- Illusionark Complete Candle Making Kit Supplies
- Candle Kit to Make Your Candles Set – StorageMaid
- Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Supplies Kit
- Blue Aurra DIY Candle Making Kit and Supplies
- YRYM HT – Colored Natural Candle Soy Wax Kit
- Hearts and Crafts Organic Soy Wax and DIY Candle Making Supplies
If you’re in a hurry and looking for the best candle making kit, we’d recommend the Soy Candle Making Kit – DIY Gift Kits.
The Soy Candle Making Kit is a fantastic product for anyone interested in designing and making their candles right from your home’s comfort. The 49-piece kit comes with the necessary ingredients and tools to create beautiful ornamental or sacramental candles.
Some of the essential items included within the kit include 100% soy wax, cotton wicks, a pouring pot, tea light tins, big tins, color blocks, and three essential oils which come in Lavender, Cedarwood and Lemongrass.
- It contains a comprehensive step-by-step guide.
- Environmentally friendly materials.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Complaints about missing pieces.
The Country Lane built this tremendous DIY candle making kit for beginners and experts alike. The product comes with enough supplies for you to make six soy candles right from scratch.
The fun features 14 ounces of soy wax, a pouring pot, color and fragrance, a lidded 7- ounce jar, a votive flower pot container, four metal tea light cups, six wicks, and an instruction manual.
- It burns with a cleaner flame than traditional candles.
- Easy and fun to use.
- Great for novices.
- Complaints about the fragrance.
This candle making kit is an incredible gift to give to family and friends. Candle making is an amusing and a great hobby for leisure. You can use this kit to make all sorts of beautiful votive and kitchen candles.
The kit contains a 400ml capacity melting pot, 1 thermometer, 2.6lb soy wax, 20 Stickers, 20 wicks, 1 mixing spoon, 5 candle dye, 7 candle tins with lids and detailed instructions.
- It comes with five different candle dyes.
- Easy to use.
- It doesn’t take time to use.
- The instructions are somewhat incomplete.
The CraftZee candle making kit features a wide range of candle scents and colors for different moods. This beginner kit is excellent for those who want to go into candle making as a hobby or wish to sell their candles for a token.
The full kit comes with 4 soy wax bags, which each contains 8oz of wax, a melting pot, 4 dye blocks, 4 fragrances, a thermometer, and much more. The manual gives practical tips and an easy guide on how to make beautifully scented candles.
- Comes with a wide range of fragrances and colors.
- It is made from top-quality and environmentally friendly materials.
- The instructions are somewhat vague.
This is yet another great product from a company dedicated to environmental protection and user safety. The Illusionark complete candle making kit comes with a specially formulated soy wax and beeswax mixture, which gives you higher quality candles.
The kit contains their unique soy wax mixture, 6 4oz lidded candle tins, 6 different colors of dyes, a melting pot, a thermometer, a long handle stainless steel stir spoon, cotton wicks, 5 wood candle center guides, wick stickum plus the instructions.
- Wide range of colors.
- Easy to use kit.
- Unique soy wax formula
- Oil leaks.
This kit is made up of 52 well-crafted candle making tools to help you start your candle-making hobby. The candle kit is easy-to-use and great for beginners. There is enough material to make 4 beautifully crafted candles.
Some of the items included within the kit are 4 bags of 8 oz. soy wax flakes, 2 round lidded candle tins, 2 square lidded candle tins lids, 4 candle fragrance oils, 4 cotton candle wicks with glue dots, 4 stirring sticks and silicone finger protectors, a thermometer, pouring pitcher, 16 wax colors and the instruction guide.
- 16 vibrant dye colors and 4 unique fragrances to choose from.
- Silicone finger protectors.
- Well written instructions.
- Poor quality fragrances.
Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Supplies Kit is one of the best options on the market. It features high-quality materials, great fragrances, and is incredibly easy to use.
Each candle making kit comes fully supplied with 1.5lbs of natural and eco-friendly soy wax, 3 tin containers, and 3 candle fragrances (Lavender, Lemon & Chamomile). The kit also comes with a wax melting pot, candle wicks & other necessary items that you’ll need to make your first candles.
- Pleasant and long-lasting fragrances.
- Easy-to-use candle making kit.
- Natural vegetable soy wax.
- It can only make 3 candles.
This is a 40-piece candle making kit from the Blue Aurra company. It comes highly recommended for individuals hoping to make a hobby of candle making, and experienced candle makers looking for a new brand.
It features 3 8oz soy wax bags, 3 dye blocks with blue, purple, cinnamon dyes, 3 fragrances (Lavender, Ocean scent, and Cinnamon), a melting pot, 3 round candle jars, 2 square tin covers, 3 cotton wicks with 3 glue dots, 3 Warning Labels, 3 stirring sticks, 3 bow tie clips, step-by-step instructions.
- Great quality materials.
- Eco-friendly, 100% natural soy wax.
- Great fragrances.
- Leaking containers and oil spills.
If you’re looking for a little DIY fun, then candle making is the perfect opportunity for you. It’s easy, safe, and really fun. If you’re interested in taking up candle making then this is the right product for you.
Within the kit, you’ll find 4 dye blocks and fragrances, 2.2lbs of 100% natural soy wax, a thermometer, a heat-proof container, 4 lidded round candle tins, 50 candle wicks & glue stickers, 8 warning labels, 4 stirring sticks, 4 bow tie clips and the users’ manual.
- An easy to use and comprehensive step-by-step guide.
- Eco-friendly materials.
- Great fragrance and colors.
- Low quality of the material.
The Hearts and Crafts candle making kit boasts a versatile array of candle scents and colors for a wide range of moods. This kit is excellent for beginners who wish to go into candle making as a hobby or even sell it for profit.
The package includes one 10lb bag of 100% natural soy wax in flake form, one hundred pre-cut candle wicks, and two centering devices.
- It comes with a large volume of wax and candle wicks.
- 100% natural soy wax.
- Easy to use
- Absence of dyes or fragrance.
- It is overpriced.
What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Adults?
Candle making is a fun activity for kids, adults, beginners or anyone you can think of. Most adults prefer kits with a wide range of colors and fragrances, which is why candle-making kits from Storage Maid and Illusionark are popular among adults.
It is popular among adults because it comes with 16 different dyes, giving you a wide range of colors. The kit also contains silicone finger protectors, which is a bonus.
The Illusionark candle making kit comes with 6 vibrant dye colors and 4 fragrances. This enables you to combine different colors and scents for different occasions or moods.
What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Kids?
Candle making is a fun family activity and an especially useful activity for kids since it is easy and relatively safe. Some good candle making kits for kids are the Soy Candle Making Kit from DIY Gift Kits and the YRYM HT candle making kit.
This easy DIY kit comes with well-explained instructions and is easy to use. Kids will love the kit since it comes with different dyes blocks and beautiful fragrances.
This is eco-friendly and safe. The instructions are straightforward, and the kit can be assembled with minimal adult supervision. Older children can even use the kit on their own without needing to be supervised.
What are The Cheap Budget Candle Making Kits?
Some candle making kits can make the hobby quite expensive to try out. However, there are a few less pricey kits on the market like the Country Lane Candle Making Kit and the Hearts and Crafts DIY Candle Making Kit.
This is a great candle making kit and comes at an even better price. It is the best kit for those who want to keep their candle making hobby as affordable as possible.
The Hearts and Crafts DIY kit comes with 10lbs of soy candle wax, all at a bargain price. No other DIY kit offers this amount of raw materials at such a pocket-friendly rate.
What is the Best Candle Making Kits For Beginners?
When most people are looking for a new hobby, they try to find inexpensive, easy, and fun things. Candle making fits all three of these criteria plus it has some fabulous kits for beginners like the Storage Maid DIY kit and the Hearts and Craft DIY Candle Making Kit.
This kit is great because it comes with silicone finger protectors. Beginners won’t have to worry about getting hot wax all over their fingers. The instructions are also quite easy to follow.
It has a large supply of wax and candle wicks. This means beginners get to practice candle making more at a pocket-friendly price too. The instructions are concise and easy, so even beginners can quickly grasp it.
Why Make Your Candles?
There are tons of reasons why you should make your candles. It’s cheaper, fun and much healthier. Here are a few great reasons you should start making your candles:
- You save money by making your candles.
- You can make money by selling your candles for a profit.
- It’s a therapeutic activity and can be very calming.
- Candle making is a fun activity for everyone.
- It’s eco-friendly and uses less toxic material than commercial candles.
- DIY candle making is safer since you know what materials are going into your candles.
- It’s a great way to showcase your creativity since you get to combine different colors, designs, and dyes with each candle.
- Since you get to combine the dyes and fragrances yourself, you can create personalized candles for any mood and occasion.
How To Choose The Best Candle Making Kits
Before you purchase any DIY candle making kit, there are several vital factors you have to keep in mind. They include things like:
- Consider the price of the DIY candle making kit.
- The durability of the contents.
- Do you like the colors and fragrances of the product?
- Is the kit certified, safe and eco-friendly?
- Their insurance and return policies.
- Are the reviews given by previous buyers about the DIY kit positive, and encouraging?.
How To Take Care of Your Candle Making Kits
Taking care of your DIY candle making kit is another essential part of candle making. Here are a few simple steps to increase the shelf life of your kit:
- Store your DIY kit safely away from light, damp and extreme temperatures.
- Wipe wax off the tins, stirrers, and melting pot with a paper towel while the wax is still liquid.
- If the wax has hardened, you can try-heat it gently to soften it.
- Clean the melting pot thoroughly after each batch to prevent the oils and dyes from contaminating the next batch.
- Use the kit only as described in the instructions.
In a nutshell, candle making is a great hobby and an excellent way to make some money. Everyone from kids to adults and novices to experts can have fun with it. It’s even more fun when the whole family participates in the candle making process. So, a candle making kit may be one of the best gifts you can give to your loved ones. Try out any of these DIY kits and discover the magic of candle making for yourself.